Come ride with us this summer and experience stunning vistas of Montana's beautiful Flathead Lake on our exclusive ranch riding trails. Visit our new public corral--just one mile south of Bigfork, Montana--and experience the legendary hospitality and excellent horseback riding experience that's been offered to guests of Averill's Flathead Lake Lodge for over 70 years.
Choose from a variety of beautiful rides with our experienced wranglers and excellent horses and come explore our mountain wilderness, spectacular lake views, private elk preserve, and one of Montana's most beautiful landscapes. We will provide you and your family with excellent horses and tack, your own well-trained expert wrangler and trail guide, a variety of fun and interesting terrain, and panoramic views of Flathead Lake from our legendary ranch trails.
One-Hour Trail Ride - $45
Our one-hour trail ride loop gives you some wonderful views of Flathead Lake. This is a great choice if you don't have much time or don't like to spend too much time in the saddle.
Two-Hour Trail Ride - $70
Our two-hour trail ride climbs higher and deeper into the foothills of our private ranch land surrounding Flathead Lake and gives you a variety of lake and mountain views.
Three-Hour Private Elk Reserve Ride - $140
This ride gives you a better chance of encountering some local wildlife. Ride deeper into our forested trail system, experience more lake and mountain views, and tour our private Rocky Mountain Elk Preserve.
Montana Horseback Riding Vacations
Horseback Riding with Children
We welcome families with children ages 6 and up for trail rides. Unfortunately ages 5 and under are not permitted to ride.
Riding Reservations and Payment Policy
- Payment Due At Time Of Reservation
- Cancellation Policy: 48 hour minimum for full refund - less credit card fee. Private Group Rides For Over 8 People
- If your group is over 8 people, we will need to assign an extra wrangler to ensure your safety. A $50 additional fee is required.
- Gift Certificates available to purchase. Call for more info.
Driving Directions To Our Corral Near Bigfork
- Our Hitching Rail and Corral are located at 150 Ranch Road, Bigfork, MT 59911. We are located 1 mile south of Bigfork off Highway 35. Follow the signs and head up Ranch Road to the hitching rail.
Hours + Season of Operation
Hours: 24 / 7
In State Personal Check
Out Of State Personal Check
Arts And Crafts
Food And Drink
Internet Access Wireless
Major Credit Cards
Registered Historic Site